Sunday, September 7, 2008

Margot At The Wedding (2007)

After having a previously unsuccessful encounter with Noah Baumbach's The Squid And The Whale, I was a little bit unsure as to what Margot At The Wedding would have in store for me. The lack of a backing musical score and uneventful, emotionally draining scenes made the film drag on and I slowly lost interest in the complete discord of two sisters preparing for a wedding. Jack Black may have been the only thing that kept me interested while I waited for this movie to reach some sort of finale, which I was once again disappointed to be left out of. Margot's character was very deep and intriguing which I thought was well done but I don't feel like I ever really got a good handle on what her major malfunction was. Quotes of interest.

"I don't even think I realized it was cold until you gave me your sweater" - Margot

and one of my favorite lines,

"I just wanna punch that guy in the nose" - Malcolm
"You've never hit anyone" - Pauline
"Yea huh, I have to" - Malcolm
"Oh yea? Like who?" - Pauline
"Lot's of people, you don't know them, cause there not around, cause I punched them" - Malcolm

6/10 - dylan

No comments: